DHL, one of the world’s most recognisable courier brands has been working with iProspect since 2009. Following great success through paid search iProspect was tasked to deliver an integrated channel solution to reach strict ROI targets.
- To drive measurable business results by developing an integrated digital marketing program that incorporates Search and Affiliate channels to maximise the effectiveness of DHL’s marketing budget
- Optimise DHL homepage to improve conversion rates
Exceeded Revenue Target by 82%
- YOY growth
- Strongest performance year-to-date
- YOY growth on all conversion rates
- YOY revenue increase following optimised multi-channel strategy
- A fully integrated channel strategy was developed to ensure PPC and Affiliate activity worked in harmony to maximise effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Maximised cost effective PPC by pushing brand campaigns and top performing terms to provide the core activity, alongside further generic and tactical campaigns to increase visibility. Continual copy testing encouraged click through rates and daily optimisation and time targeting reduced wastage. Search remessaging was applied to re-engage users that had not converted to encourage sale.
- Built an effective affiliate programme - Bespoke programme with small number of key volume driving affiliates. Continual optimisation of affiliate activity and testing of new technologies to further improve conversions. Implementation of tiered commission structure to deliver guaranteed ROI. Constant recruitment of new affiliates, incentives and voucher codes drove performance solidifying Affiliates as a key performance channel.
- Utilised PPC affiliates – Implementation of a PPC affiliates to re-capture lost sales via direct competitors bidding on DHL terms. Formulated space and ensure a constant presence in positions 1-3 for all key brand terms. Result – 150% increase in month on month revenues from affiliate channel.
- PPC Optimisation was achieved via testing of new search features such as ad rotation optimised for higher conversions, automated rules for strategic key words as well as ad site links. We have also launched a mobile campaign to further increase the overall brand exposure in the digital space.
- Conversion Optimisation was chosen to further boost the performance of the paid search campaign. We first performed a conversion & usability audit highlighting areas of DHL’s landing page that could be optimised towards conversion. A series of A/B & multivariate tests were then rolled out over a 5 month duration increasing performance significantly.
- Integrated reporting Dashboard not only provided detailed analysis by channel but also provided a platform to generate further.